Sunday 10 January 2016

Sunday Morning on the Road

Not for me a lazy Sunday morning under the duvet no matter how attractive that might have seemed when the alarm went off at 6.50am. This was not to be a day of rest but rather a race day. Thankfully I had cadged a lift from a team mate who lives about fifteen miles distant so I didn't have to drive the whole way to the race venue.

I should probably have allowed myself another ten or so minutes but 6.50am seemed to be very early. The hens certainly thought it early. They weren't exactly champing at the beak to toddle down the ladder from their coop when I opened the door to the great outside for them. By the time I had filled their drinker and consumed two of their eggs for my breakfast I was running a few minutes late. Still I got to the pick up point more or less on time.

The locus for the race was in Co Donegal. The distance five kilometres. Three hundred and five individuals traipsed around the course. A bit early in the day for a fast run and the near freezing temperatures didn't help. I can't say that I had a great race but I didn't make an idiot of myself so a sort of result. Two hundred and seventy eight individuals finished behind me. The age category results haven't been published as yet but I would be reasonably confident that I have managed to hold off my contemporaries. Here's hoping!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a more than respectable performance and worth the early start and thank you for the early arithmetic exercise this morning.

    ReplyDelete