Monday 27 April 2015

Threat of Late Frosts

Although it is almost May the dear old weather forecast is predicting that we could have nightime temperatures of minus five degrees centigrade. I am not quite sure what that means in proper currency. Clearly a temperature below freezing point is anticipated but I so wish the predicted cold spell could be cited in degrees farenheight. It would make so much more sense to me. Hopefully my tomato plants will not be killed or held back by the anticipated cold spell. Another couple of weeks and they should be ready for planting out in their rings. The peppers and aubergines are coming on apace. As for the cucumbers and gherkins they are still in the early stages of germination. I am hopeful that they at least will not be affected by the forthcoming sub zero temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment