Monday 20 April 2015

Nicola Sturgeon, aka Mary Doll.

  • For some weeks I have been asking myself why the leader of the SNP looks so familiar. The hair, the face, the verbal intonation. I have heard and seen this woman before. Where? When? Then it struck me. She is the wife of Rab C. Nesbitt . He of the string vest. Why hasn't she, "come out," and acknowledged that she is Rab's bit of fluff? It might even help her in her political aspirations. OK she isn't Mary Doll nor indeed Rab's inamorata but hey ho there is a distinct similarity of physiognomy.
  • Whether or not one has an affinity for the schism politics of the SNP there is little doubt that physical and verbal impressions do impact upon one's views on any political wannabe. This may be a matter of judging a book by its cover but we all do it. It is just one of those things. That's why I find it so strange that the SNP's ratings in the polls have increased since the Scottish referendum vote. The Labour Party are, I suspect, finding their leader's looks and lack of verbal dexterity a bit of a handicap despite his obvious intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment