Saturday 13 September 2014

Tomatoes Plucked

 

It is hard not to have a glut of tomatoes. Well maybe that is not quite the word to apply. It does after all have a perjorative ring to it and that would be unfair to this fruit which with its luscious smell, taste and look so redolent of summer. Maybe one should just refer to a large picking.

 

If one applies that terminology then today was certainly the day of the big picking. I haven't got around to weighing the produce of the picking as yet but I suspect that when I get around to the task I will be rewarded with a figure something in excess of thirty pounds. Much as I like fresh tomatoes I have to accept that I won't be able to munch through the entirety of the above pile in its au naturele state. Most of the big picking will be converted into chutney, soup and sauce.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment