Saturday 2 August 2014

A Purple Patch

 

Ten seconds after taking this photograph I cut the vegetative umbilicus of what is the first aubergine that I have grown. There was no squealing. I don't really know why I haven't grown this plant before now. It didn't prove to be hard to germinate and the seedlings have grown to maturity with a modicum of feed. Whilst I have grown a traditionally coloured variety this year I might well elect for a white fruited variety in 2015.

 

For the moment I cannot find the empty seed packet so I am unable to confirm the specific variety of this year's selection. I do however remember that I was promised large numbers of moderately sized fruits. I think that the promise will be truthful. The first grown has been consumed as a constituent of a melody of roasted veg, but I will have to investigate more imaginative platters for its siblings and cousins.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment