Sunday 18 May 2014

The serried rows of Tomatoes.

 

I probably should have planted the tomato plants in their rings before I headed off for my week of warm weather training. They experienced a bit of a growth spurt in my absence and upon my return they were a trifle more leggy than I would have wished. Still the tomato is one of these plants where you can sink it deeper at the time of transplanting without any ill affects. Having adopted that mode of planting they don't look too bad now that they are ensconced in their final growing stations. I have twenty four plants growing on, three rows of eight.

The weather forecast would indicate that today, (Sunday), is likely to be wet so I will probably spend the afternoon in the greenhouse and plant the cucumbers and aubergines. The pepper seedlings are not making haste in their growth cycle.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment