Thursday 22 May 2014

Strawberry Afternoon Delight.

Still more than four weeks to Wimbleton and I have my first strawberries ready to be devoured. Not quite a punnet full but heading that way. I would hope that by the time all of the strawberries have ripened that I will end up with five or six pounds of fruit. The plants are being grown under the staging in the greenhouse. This seems to suit them very well. I grew on a few runners last year so as to add to the number of plants and I expect that I will do likewise this year. Perhaps two or three years hence I will have to consider making some jam to use up the fruit. For the moment however I suspect that I will be able to consume the produce assisted by a covering of cream. A sparkling white wine might also be called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment