Monday 6 January 2014

Tax Return Deadline

 

It only seems like this time last year that I was rummaging through my files to ensure that my tax return would meet the deadline of 31st January and wouldn't you know I have spent the last weekend doing exactly the same thing this year. It is not as if what I rather grandiosely describe as my, "financial affairs," are particularly complicated. In fact they aren't at all. There really is no excuse to put myself under any last minute pressure, but I always seem to do so. With me it really is a matter of putting off to the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.

 

However prevarication in tax matters is not a good idea. Even if you don't owe the tax man any money, which I don't, or at least I hope not, the non submission of the glorious old tax return within time means you are penalised a minimum of £100.00. There is most definetely a reason to deal with this annual task within time.

 

My New Year's resolution is to have my 2013/14 tax return submitted to the Inland Revenue as soon as possible after 5th April. I wonder if I will manage to keep to this resolution?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment