Friday 8 November 2013

A Sledge for Christmas.

A bright morning, but there was a definite nip in the air. It is often said that wood heats you twice, when you cut it and when you burn it. With this trueism fixed firmly in my mind I decided to block a few rings of wood.

 

The exercise most definitely warmed me up. I was starting into the third ring when the weight of my trusty sledge hammer was suddenly dissipated. The shaft had decided to part company with the head. Clearly I had not appreciated my own strength! Well perhaps fifteen years of active use of the sledge might have been the real reason for the partition of wood and metal. I will now have to persuade one of my practically minded friends to fit a new shaft to my weapon of wood destruction. It's either that or put a sledge hammer on the old Christmas wish list.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment