Saturday 18 May 2013

Honesty I Do

Lunaria Annua
Well yes I do know that it is one of the easiest plants to grow, but I do grow it. I suppose, on reflection, it is not so much a matter of me growing it, but rather of me allowing it to grow. From year three onwards this self seeding biennial will start to crop up all over the garden. Shady locations, sunny locations, acidic soils, alkaline soils, the catholic tastes of this flower mean that it will do well in nearly all gardens. For those who are keen on flower arranging the silvery translucent and paper thin seed pods can provide a slightly ghostly addition to their artistic endeavours.

I took this photograph early this morning before the rain started its late spring deluge. There will not be any outside gardening today. Methinks I will head to the drier and warmer climes of the greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment