Friday 1 March 2013

Auction Lots

I received an email yesterday reminding me that Kennedy Auctions would be holding their usual fortnightly general auction tonight. There are usually about five hundred lots. Most of them are of car boot standard, but occasionally one does espy some item which is of reasonable quality and which neither the vendor nor the auctioneer recognises for what it is. However even for mundane items, the dregs of house clearances and the like, at least they are being recycled and the vendors are cheered with a few denarii.
 
I decided to view tonight's auction lots. The items that that had been rounded up for the auctioneers gavel were rather Iimpressive. Nothing attracted me. Some of the lots were very familiar. I think this might be their third or fourth appearance.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment